Thursday, August 11, 2011

It's been awhile...

So I haven't blogged in awhile and I'm going to attempt to record the events of the last month over the next few days.  I was in Indiana for the month of July and had an amazing time with family and loads of friends...

I love my family.  I feel like I'm more relaxed, more myself, and more at ease in the presence of my family.  They love me for who I am and have been my biggest fans as I embark on this new adventure of motherhood.  Most of the month of July was spent with family - both my family and Peter's family.  I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked, but here are a few to capture our time together.   

My grandparents met their great-grandchild for the first time...

My aunt Gina couldn't get enough of him...thanks Gina for letting us come and take over your house for the day.   :)

Fourth of July at my Uncle and Aunt's lake house in Wisconsin...

Headed over to Lake Michigan after our visit to Wisconsin to spend time at my in-law's lake house.  

First time at the beach  :)  Henry didn't let us stay for awhile...it wasn't his favorite.

Henry and I got to spend a lot of quality time together - after Peter left for NC and my parents left for home...

I'm upset I didn't get any pictures with my Duke friends - Amanda, Faith, and Jenny.  Amanda and Faith drove over from Minnesota to spend a few days with Henry and I.  I loved seeing a more "grown-up" Faith and was reminded again how much I miss our Duke friends. 

Also didn't get to take any pictures with my in-laws. :(  I really need to get better at this!  Peter and I were able to relax at their lake house - Candy was gracious enough to let me take naps, go on walks, and rest while she watched Henry.   I love seeing them interact with Henry...Paul and Candy have been more than I can ask for.  They have loved me and have let me be comfortable as a new mom...they are always so accommodating and have already been amazing grandparents. 

Ok...that's all for now.  I'll post more from our last month tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping you would post soon! Love all these pictures! And love you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What fun memories! July was such a special month. Loved, loved, loved spending time with you, Henry & Peter. Thanks for that blessing... Wouldn't have traded it for anything! Mom

    ReplyDelete