Thursday, March 1, 2012

More from California

I hate living so far away from my sisters.  Holly is in California and Hillary is in Indiana - we don't see each other near enough and it's hard to connect at times.  I was so glad to have the chance to see Holly's life in CA - she and Nate are attending Fuller Seminary and they have had a great opportunity to not only learn a bunch of new things, but also meet some amazing people.  Their life out there reminded me of Peter and I's time at Duke.  Being back in an academic setting, where people are at the same stage of life, pursuing similar things...making friends was easy and we were blessed to get to know so many people during our time there.  They have been able to meet some wonderful people and made some long-lasting friendships.  It was good to see them so happy and settled.  I loved being able to put some faces to names and to be able to spend time with a few of their closer friends there.

Holly and Nate loved on Henry and were so helpful with taking care of him.  Henry's internal clock was a little messed up during our time there - I forgot about the 3 hour time change and the affect it would have on him (and myself).  Consequently, Henry and I were up at 4 am most mornings and they were very gracious to a noisy apartment at that hour.  :)

Holly and I had the chance to spend a lot of time together - we took walks around town, shopped, had brunch with her friends, Henry and I helped with her babysitting job, and even went out for dessert one night while Nate stayed with the little man.  I really enjoyed hearing about the things she is processing through and learning at school...she and Nate are growing in their faith and have been wrestling through the things they believe.   It was challenging for me to hear the things they are learning and good for me to analyze my own faith and why I believe what I believe.  I'm so proud of the two of them - they are pursuing their dreams and although it has taken awhile to figure out exactly what those dreams are...they are on their own time table and not letting opinions of others affect what they want to accomplish.

And like I said before, the camera was out most of the time and we were able to capture some sweet moments.  :)













No comments:

Post a Comment