Saturday, November 24, 2012

First Haircut

Henry's Hair.  It was something I pondered while being pregnant with him....would it be dark like mine?  Blond like Peter's was when he was little?  Curly or straight?  I have loved the fact that he's a "little Peter," with his daddy's blond curls.  We held out for probably a little too long before cutting it.  It was hard to see him as a baby after the locks were trimmed.  If we doubted it before, we definitely know now that we have a little boy on our hands.

What made it even more special was that Nana was the one to do the honors.  My mom's cut my hair since I was Henry's age and I can't imagine anyone else trimming Henry's for the first time.  I have memories of sitting on the wooden board on top of her beautician's chair...trying to hold still for all my haircuts and perms (yes, perms!?!) over the years.  So thankful for her willingness to bring her scissors whenever I'm with her and the talks we have while she's cutting.

 And yes...she IS giving me a mullet in this video.  What was she thinking?!?!
(and seeing crazy-haired Holly at the end of the video keeps making me chuckle)

But back to Henry...here are a few pictures we took to document the occasion.

This was before: 




 

I know, I know...It was long.  And time.






And the finished product:




And a few with Nana...



No comments:

Post a Comment