Friday, May 27, 2011

From dad...

Heather,

I sit here amazed as I think about you turning 30 today and having a baby boy in just a week.  I can only think about how great these years have been watching you grow from a newborn to a woman, wife and now, mother-to-be.  I still remember those first few minutes after you were born.  Your mom had been in labor for 24 hours or so (I hope it's better for you!) and right after you were born, they put you on mom's belly and you promptly pee'd all over her.  You must have been holding it for quite awhile.  You were such a beautiful baby with all of that dark hair.  Your mom and I were only 23 and 24 at the time and we didn't have a clue about raising kids.  But you were so easy, just what we needed for our first child (things changed a bit when Holly was born).

As your dad, I couldn't be happier or more proud of who you are as my daughter, a wife to Peter and now as a mom to this little boy.  I love our calls and texts and spending time with you and Peter.  You are so loving and giving and have been such an encouragement to me.

Heather, you are going to be an amazing mother and your mom and I are still processing the idea of being grandparents.  I'm not as experienced with boys but I am looking forward to playing some golf with my grandson.

Have a fun birthday & I sure hope Peter spoils you today!
Love, Dad

(your third birthday)
(fourth birthday)



1 comment:

  1. "things changed a little bit when Holly was born."

    Thanks, dad. Love you too. :)

    ReplyDelete