Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Note From Renee

Heath,

12 years…that’s how long it’s been since you came into my life.  Can you believe it!?!? It seems like just yesterday we were getting to know one another in our dorm room during the freshman tennis weekend.  I remember leaving that weekend knowing that there was something special about Heather May and that I hoped that, just maybe, I would have someone like you as a friend during my time at Taylor (I also left that weekend extremely impressed with the secret to your adorable curls…the pink curlers… :).  Now, 12 years since that first rainy weekend together in Upland, we’ve had thousands of experiences and memories together…I thank God for you, my friend for life.

H, there is no question about it…you’re going to be an incredible mom.  Your little boy is going to be blessed daily by your sweet spirit, nurturing nature and ability to love and give of yourself no matter what.  As is your approach to most things in life, you’ve managed to make pregnancy seem so easy and enjoyable.  I’m sure you’ll be the same way with parenting.  Your little boy is so blessed to get to have you and Pete as his Mom and Dad. 

I am looking forward to walking this next phase of life alongside you (even if it has to be done thousands of miles apart via phone calls and e-mails) and continuing to grow and learn with you. 

I love you Heath!

Renee


3 comments:

  1. Oh...I have such sweet memories of the two of you! Renee, thanks for bringing a smile to my face :) You've been such a special friend to Heather over the years & I know she treasures your friendship. Blessings to you & Tony! Love, Heather's mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS!!! What a sweet letter, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thankful God allowed me to view all of this from "off-court." Your friendship to each other and to me has been such a blessing!! I love that you two get to take this next journey together. You will both be GREAT MOMS! You will have your days of wonder at what God has done and days when you can only wonder "What has God done?" But I know more than anything, these children will be LOVED and LEARN to love others as Christ LOVES THEM. They will also bring so much laughter to your lives you won't believe you used to have to go out for entertainment. You won't believe the wisdom and intuition God will provide at any moment when you call on Him. ALWAYS follow His promptings!! Tons of love and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete