Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A note from mom...

Heather Lynn May…our precious, first born child delivered 30 years ago, soon to be giving birth to a little baby boy…our precious, first grandchild!   Now, how neat is that?   
 Heather, I remember those last few weeks before you arrived- I was soooo ready to be rid of the huge basketball belly looming in front of me.  I couldn’t tie my shoes, sleep on my tummy which I loved, put on socks & stockings (yes, a Sunday necessity back then), barely bend to pull up my pants,…you always seemed to be in the way.  :)  Not only was I counting down the days til I’d be back to my same normal size BUT I was also counting the days to see this little girl or boy that had been growing, kicking, hiccupping, & capturing our attention for 9 months.  

 What’s now hard to believe is that this same little girl is now having the same thoughts about her basketball belly & little boy!  Oh my, where has the time gone?  Your lives are about to take on new norms of daily challenges, joys & blessings but you’re more than ready!  Heather, you will be a fabulous mom & Peter, a wonderful dad.  You can count on our continued prayers & support as you enter this new stage of parenthood.
    
With lots of love, Mom & Dad


4 comments:

  1. Heather, you still have the SAME mouth!!! :-) What a wonderful post...so sweet. Get that baby out soon (aka: don't take after the little 2 week overdue Elo fiascos...) ;-)

    Much love,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Still marvel at how young your dad & I look in these pictures.... course I guess I was only 23! I bet your little boy will have the same dark hair but Peter's curls :) Looking forward to the day he arrives........ love you lots, mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love this. Mom looks amazing and you are adorable. Still are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember counting the days as well, though not for the same reasons :). I remember Mom and Dad (Grandma and Grandpa) ready to get in the car the moment it happened. You brought a whole new dimension to the family. Now, it is happening again! Love to both of you...enjoy the next few weeks, time goes much faster than you realize.
    Aunt Kim

    ReplyDelete