Monday, June 27, 2011

On my own...

So today is my first official day on my own.  Mom left early yesterday morning and I have to admit I got a little emotional as I drove away from the airport.  She was such a blessing to me the last 2 weeks - organizing my house, cleaning, SERVING me in every way and being a source of encouragement as I went along.  I'm so thankful to have a mom as selfless as she is - always looking for ways to help others.  I was humbled as she did so much for me this week, but don't know what I would have done without her. 

I'm feeling great - so thankful to have a good recovery.  I feel like myself again and it's hard to believe I was carrying Henry a little over a week ago.   I'm definitely glad to NOT be pregnant anymore and to have my body back! 

Henry is doing great - he's eating like a champ and gained a whole pound from Monday to Friday last week!  I was really stressing that I was feeding him enough, but he seems to be doing just fine. 

Hanging out on our first day alone...
Want to thank everyone again for all of your prayers, words of encouragement, and love the last couple of weeks.  We've had some AMAZING meals delivered to us as well, which have been such a blessing!  :)  I'm slowly getting back into a routine and I hope to make contact with many of you as the weeks go along. 




2 comments:

  1. Oh! I just want to hold him!! You look like such a natural Heath... loved seeing the pics of you with him! There is NO denying he is Peter's son. Can't wait to see you and meet that sweet little boy soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this pics are so great; i'm laughing out loud! i love the one of your first day alone together - SOOOO cute! he's so perky! little by little you'll get a family routine. i'm so glad that your mom was such a great help!!!!

    ReplyDelete