Monday, June 13, 2011

Still no baby...

Just wanted to update everyone on the status of our little man.  As you can tell, he hasn't come and we've been patiently waiting (well, TRYING to patiently wait).  I had a doctor's appointment today and am still not as far along as I would like to be.  They are going to keep my Thursday induction - due to possible complications, the size of the baby and MY frame...so unless he comes the next couple of days, I'll go in for an induction at 8pm on Thursday.  We're just praying he'll come on HIS OWN between now and then...or that when I go in for the induction, I'll be further along than where I am now.  I know the Lord knows EXACTLY when this little person is supposed to come into this world...just want it to be in His time. 

Peter's mom and dad came last Wednesday and we had a GREAT time visiting with them - they did so much for us around the house, at my school, and to prepare even more for the baby's arrival.  But still no baby...  They are flying back tonight and coming back when we give them the call.  They were so understanding about the whole thing; it put me at ease....although I STILL feel bad they came and I didn't have the baby!  

My parents surprised us and rang the doorbell last night.  Dad said he just couldn't sit around and wait any longer.  :)  It was a full house last night with Peter's parents, my parents, and Peter's cousin, Heather, who drove up from Wilmington to join in the fun.  But I loved having a full house and being with people I love...  :)
So my parents will be here for the next week and we'll be able to hang out and enjoying the last few days of no-baby.  

On a side note, my last day of school went really well - thank you for your prayers that day.  It WAS bittersweet and there were tears as I drove home that afternoon.  Can't believe this chapter has come to a close.  I'm still trying to process it all and wrap my mind around the whole thing...more thoughts to come when I'm able to better verbalize what I'm feeling... 
Thanks again for all the text messages, emails, and calls.  I have just felt SO loved the last week...

No comments:

Post a Comment