Monday, June 13, 2011

A Note From Kristin

Heath,
I can’t believe Baby VT will be here any day now!  Do you feel like the last six months have flown by?  I am so happy for you and Pete and I have to say that you are the cutest and happiest pregnant person I have ever known.
So since I don’t have much parenting advice of my own, I reached out to a few close friends who have been parents for at least a year to get some thoughts to share with you, and then added some commentary of my own – enjoy the beginning, the first few months are easy (comparably) – lots of feeding and diaper changes and sleep (unfortunately only for the baby, not you), always take care of yourself because happy momma = happy baby/family!  Or, as our hubbies like to say – happy wife = happy life!!  :)  Patience is key (which I know you already have a lot of, considering how good you are with all “your kids” at school), read lots of books, and lastly hug and kiss them as much as possible… little boys adore their mommies!  Oh and one more thing, continue date nights… they are so important!  You know we love kids, and especially yours, so if you ever need us, we’ll come down and babysit for you.
While at first I wasn’t thrilled about the decision to move to North Carolina, I’m so happy we did!  We made some amazing friends (including you and Pete) and James was right when he said, “I think you’ll really like Pete’s wife Heather – you guys will be great friends I’m sure of it.”  I consider myself very fortunate to have met such a great and genuine person and a really special friend.  I love that I can talk to you about anything and not even think twice, and I love that even though we may never live in the same state, I know we’ll always be in each other’s lives.  And now you’re going to be a mom and that little boy is so lucky.  He has no idea how lucky he is – he’s coming into such an amazing and loving family.  You are going to be great parents and we can’t wait to meet the little guy!
Love you lots and miss you!!
Kristin



No comments:

Post a Comment