Sunday, August 14, 2011

Holly

Holly came to visit.  It was touch and go for awhile whether she was even going to be able to make it, but she was able to make it happen.  It had been a few months since I had seen my sister, mainly due to the fact she's living in California, and I realize every time we're together how much I wish we could live life together.

Both Holly and Hillary "get" me, and it's funny how when we're together, we slip into our familiar roles.  I'm the nurturer, the caretaker, the peacemaker...making sure everything is taken care of.  Holly is fun, passionate, thought-provoking and always causing me to think.  Hil is contemplative, willing to sit and listen, rather than participate, marches to the beat of her own drum and loves to be independent/different.  I love my sisters and am so thankful for the roles they play in my life.



Holly loved on Henry during our visit...and I saw her become more and more comfortable taking on the role of Auntie Holly.  Can't wait until Hil comes to visit in September.  :)






Love you babe...

No comments:

Post a Comment