Sunday, November 20, 2011

Christmas Cards...

So most people who know me know that I struggle with getting out cards.  I've been meaning to do a Christmas card since Pete and I married, but it has yet to happen.  I always think of it too late (when many of your beautiful cards come in the mail...) and I shrug it off for next year.  I'm organized in many areas of my life, but sending a card or remembering a birthday/anniversary is NOT one of my strengths and I hope to get better at this.   I appreciate it when people remember things about me...there is nothing better when an unexpected card finds itself in my mailbox.  It brightens my day and makes me feel special. I need to do better at returning the favor and passing that same feeling on to others.  

Now that I have Henry, I'm hoping to at least do a Christmas card this year.  I know a Christmas card won't be totally unexpected this time of year (although from me, maybe...), but at least it would be one small way for us to let people know we love and appreciate them.  Peter and I have honestly  loved receiving all of yours over the years.  At one point, our refridgerator was full of all your faces so we could see and think about you throughout the year.  This year I'm thinking about displaying your cards like this (Thank you Pinterest for the ideas...I love you but hate you at the same time...you suck me in and I can't pull myself away!):   












 or like this on our pantry door in the kitchen:






(Although maybe not with such thick/cheesy ribbon...I'm thinking green)

Being a teacher, I have loads of clothes pins to clip the cards onto the ribbon.









To get ME even more motivated in sending out cards this year, I'm going to participate in Tiny Prints' blogger promotion.  Looking through the various printing companies out there, I'm most impressed by Tiny Prints' Christmas Card selection and I'm having a hard time deciding which card I'm going to use for my first annual Von Tobel Christmas Card.   They have such a wide variety - from cute, to classic, to vintage, and it is going to be difficult to choose just one.

Here are some of my favorites:
(You can access any of these cards by clicking the actual card...it will take you to the direct link on Tiny Prints.)


djkf  
 Being that I'm a new mom and definitely have been BLESSED this year...
   















Something that makes finding your card super easy is all the different categories like: Christmas, Christmas Religious, New Years… etc.  I love how they let you narrow your decision down by using the filter on the left side of their Christmas card page.  Click on all the things that you would like to apply to your card and it will sort through, giving you all the options.



Do you see how hard my decision is going to be?  They are all so different and I can see Henry's adorable face on all of them.  :)  If this tempts you (or reminds you that you need to get going on your Christmas cards), head on over to Tiny Prints.  They are even offering specials right now, due to it being the holidays season.


**Oh and if you blog and want to participate in this promotion (and be compensated with some free Christmas cards), here’s how!!  But hurry...don't know how long this promotion will last!


No comments:

Post a Comment