Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

I honestly have so much to be thankful for this year.  I love having a holiday where we get to sit back and reflect on this last year and all the things we've been blessed with.  The Lord has given me so much in my life - so thankful to be HIS child and loved by Him.  I'm in awe that he continuously loves me back. 

I'm thankful for Peter - his unfailing love for me, his solid leadership in our marriage, his patience with my quirks (and my wide-range of emotions this last year), the way he's been a father to Henry, his quiet sense of humor, and how he works so hard for our family, allowing me to stay at home with our son.   

I'm so thankful for my sweet little boy - who has brought us both so much joy and happiness.  I don't know what my life would be like without him, even after these short 5 months.  We love watching him grow, smile, laugh, talk...so thankful for who he is and are praying for the man he will become.  I know God has some big plans for his life.  Praying that Peter and I can be examples of Jesus on a daily basis, teaching him/showing him what it looks like to be disciples of Him. 

I'm also so incredibly blessed by the family and people in my life.  There are so many people that have loved me and come alongside me in my life...I wouldn't be who I am today without them (many of you are reading this now).  As I look back on the various chapters in my life, I realize how God placed people in my path at just the right time - to teach, encourage, grow with, walk alongside...it's amazing to see how your friendships were just what I needed at that moment in life.  And I desperately wish that many of you were STILL living life with me now...so even though I can't thank so many of you, know that your lives and the things you've done in my life haven't gone unnoticed.   

Happy Thanksgiving everyone...may you feel loved and surrounded by family and loved ones today.  Know that I'm thankful for YOU.  








**Thanks Hank and Geri for the ADORABLE Thanksgiving outfit!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment