Friday, November 18, 2011

Henry is FIVE Months Old! :)

Henry turned FIVE months old yesterday.  Can't believe he is so old...time is flying by.  I have loved the changes in him and the new things he's able to do.  I have to admit...I like the snuggly newborn stage, but I prefer where he is NOW over him being an infant (even though I still miss snuggling with him - he doesn't let me unless he's REALLY tired).




 Henry's been "flapping" his arms like crazy.  It's his favorite thing to do when he's sitting up.


 He's been a great job sitting up by himself.  No falling over this month.  


 I love this look and we get it often from him - and he usually ruffles his eyebrows, too.  It's almost as if he's asking, "What ARE you doing mom?" 

These shots were taken after we were done...He has been loving his toes!






Oh my word...look at how BIG he is! 

Things Henry's able to do at FIVE months:
  • Weighs 17.12 pounds and is 26.4 in long.   So his weight has slowed down a little, which I'm thankful.  :)
  • Sitting up.  He's still not completely stable, but getting better by the day.  He can sit for periods at a time and play with the toys beside him.  I have to keep some pillows around him for when he DOES fall...although he's been a tough kid and it barely phases him when he falls without the pillows.
  • Playing on his belly.  He hasn't been a fan of playing on his belly until recently.  If there are some toys in front of him, he'll roll around the floor, chasing them around the room.  I seriously turned my back the other day and he was all the way on the other side of the room.  I don't know if I'm ready for this...
  • Still drooling like crazy, but no tooth yet.  We're waiting...
  • He's been able to hold himself up while he's being held.  I can really tell a difference when I'm carrying him around.  
  • "Talking" all the time, but especially when he's waiting for us to take him out of his crib.  
  • As of yesterday, he's not being swaddled.  He's been rolling too much in his crib (wanted to sleep on his stomach) and the doctor said it was time to let it go.  The last few days have been an adjustment, but he's getting the hang of it...and loving being able to sleep more on his side and even his stomach (which makes me a little nervous).
  •   Still not sleeping through the night, but making improvements.  We've had to let him cry awhile the last few nights and each night he's been crying a little less.  Last night I nursed him at 10:15 pm and he didn't want to nurse again until 7 am!  :)  I'm FINALLY getting some more sleep!  
  • The time change has been an adjustment, but he's back to his 6:30 pm - 7 am schedule, for which we are thankful.  The 5:30 am wake-up calls were not welcomed! 
We just love this little boy.  He's brought us so much joy and we can't imagine our lives without him.  Like I said before, we are loving this new stage - with more mobility and more awareness of the things around him.   We're so excited to be home for the holidays, so our families can see how much he's grown and changed.  :)




2 comments:

  1. my goodness! he has grown so much!! i love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so sweet. I wouldn't worry too much, he's still young to be sleeping through the night, especially if he's breastfed (here's a lnk I love http://www.kathydettwyler.org/detsleepthrough.html). He'll get there, I promise!! love the picture of him chewing on his toes... so sweet! And his eyes are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete